No-Hassle Triangles Gauge by Team NZP for Clover
No-Hassle Triangles Gauge
Item #: CL9579 9579
Eliminate guesswork when creating 1/2-square and 1/4-square triangle blocks.
Create 1/2-square and 1/4-square triangle blocks without ever cutting triangles.
Effortlessly cut, mark, and stitch 1/2-square and 1/4-square triangle blocks without ever cutting a triangle, or guessing at the sizes.
Makes five block sizes for both 1/2 and 1/4-square triangle blocks:
2-1/2" (64 mm), 3-1/2" (89 mm), 4-1/2" (114 mm), 5-1/2" (140mm), and 6-1/2" (165 mm)
Reference the left side of the gauge for 1/2-square triangles and the right side for 1/4-square triangles.
Sliding gauge locks for accuracy.
1. Reference the left side of the gauge to select a 1/2-square block size.
2. Cut crosswise strips of two fabrics the size that is printed on the gauge, and then cut strips into squares.
3. Lay the gauge onto the fabric squares to double-check the block size.
4. Mark a center diagonal line through the gauge's center openings.
5. Stitch a scant 1/4" from each side of the marked center diagonal line.
6. Cut along the center diagonal line. Presto, there are now two accurate half-square triangles!
As seen on Stitch it! Sisters program 118 No-Hassle Triangles in Quilts:
As seen on Stitch it! Sisters program 213: Sew A Celebration Patriotic Quarter-Square Triangles Table Runner: